[Freeswitch-users] MInimal Hardware requirements - G729

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Mon Nov 28 19:30:22 MSK 2011

Keep in Mind that Mod_conference (and anyone elses conference software for
that matter) take everything to slinear for mixing. Unfortunately you cant
mix encoded auto with encoded audio very well.

So far 100 Channels in a conf bridge, he would require 100 licenses.

On 11/28/11 9:16 AM, "curriegrad2004" <curriegrad2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> In this case there is no need to purchase any G729 software licenses
at all if
> you are doing all of this in passthrough mode (meaning both
ends are g729
> codecs and FS is just simply passing them through). The
default G729 codec
> that is included with FS is passthrough.

You could also look into
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Proxy_Media or
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Bypass_Media

>> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 5:57 AM, Michele M <mchlmll at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi there,
it is my intention to buy 100 g729 sw codecs from FS to setup a
>> meet-me
conference system.Which are the minimal hw requirements to support