[Freeswitch-users] High load on database server

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Fri Nov 25 06:59:36 MSK 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 13:23 -0800, peely wrote:
> I had exactly the same problem with PGSQL and FS, moved to MySQL for the core
> DB and everything is fine.
>
> PGSQL's transaction logging is pretty heavyweight for the amount of
> transactions you get from FS, but if you are really needing to use PostGres
> I would look at using unlogged tables.
>
> As I say though, MySQL runs like a charm, I've had it at well over 300CPS
> with 500 registrations/sec.

The OP was using MySQL 5.5.  Further, his call load is what I would term
"very light".  His issue is unlikely to be solved by changing databases.
Other people's issues appear to be related to ODBC drivers rather than
PostgreSQL itself (my own were solved by upgrading to unixODBC 3.0).

Unless you are using MyISAM, MySQL and PostgreSQL aren't drastically
different in performance these days.

Cliff