[Freeswitch-users] Open Source MSC.

Patrick Lists freeswitch-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 18 04:33:42 MSK 2011

On 11/18/2011 01:33 AM, Henrik Aagaard Sørensen wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I do know that this is the mailing list for FreeSwitch. But as I'm
> struggling finding anything (on Google etc.) about any open source MSC
> (HLR/AUC/SMSC/MMSC etc.) I'm trying here.
>
> I want to use FreeSwitch in a MVNO setup with a operator to make a
> proof-of-concept idea.
>
> But I need the MSC handling SIGTRAN and acts as HLR/AUC etc.
>
> I've looked at http://www.openimscore.org/ and http://www.mobicents.org
> <http://www.mobicents.org/>, but I'm struggling figuring out there place
> in such setup.
>
> This is just for the proof-of-concept, so scale-ability, stability etc.
> is not as big a priority.
>
> Can anyone help me in the right direction? All help is appreciated!

I am not aware of one Open Source project that does all you are looking
for. OpenBSC (http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/) seems to come close
(MSC, BSC, AUC, HLR, VLR, EIR). Kannel (www.kannel.org) might be some
piece of the SMSC puzzle and for SIGTRAN Mobicents-SS7 seems to fit the
bill: http://www.mobicents.org/ss7/intro.html

If you are going the TDM route too then Sangoma has excellent TDM cards
(and hardware EC cards) and they are supported by Mobicents

Have fun integrating all the parts. Seems like a fun job :)

Regards,
Patrick