[Freeswitch-users] How to Update external IP address on Ubuntu?

Charles Bujold cjbujold at accra.ca
Thu Nov 17 20:29:26 MSK 2011

Hi,

We are newbies to Ubuntu and Freeswitch.  We have Freeswitch installed on
Ubuntu with Auto-Nat and it works great.  The issue we have is that our ISP
only provides Dynamic IP's  which do not change that often but when they do
everyone goes into panic mode until we remember that by simply re-booting
the server everything comes back to normal.

My question: Is there a method we can put in place that would automate the
external-IP update without having to reboot the server.  Can Freeswitch
notice that the external IP has change and reset itself without manual
intervention?  And if we need to reboot the server is there a program that
would do this automatically when the external IP changes?

Thanks

cjb