[Freeswitch-users] Setup FreeSwitch behind Kamailio Dispatcher.

Leon de Rooij leon at scarlet-internet.nl
Mon Nov 14 18:18:29 MSK 2011

Hi,

I'm actually trying to configure the same thing right now - with opensips though, but (afaik) it uses the same dispatcher module.

First I used a simple route script in opensips with using dispatcher, but after the first message (from ua through proxy to fs), the proxy would get out of the signaling path, while I want it to stay in.

To fix that, I added record routing in the proxy configuration so it stays in the path.

Registrations are also balanced towards the fs servers - but some clients are nat'ed so the contact header was wrong - fix_nated_contact() in route and in  onreply_route fixed that.

To get calls originating from fs to go through the proxy before going to the client, I tried:

originate sofia/some_profile/sip:user at mydomain.com;fs_path=sip:ip_of_sip_proxy:5060 &park

which worked. Then I found out about the sip_route_uri variable that can be set in the bridge string:

originate {sip_route_uri=sip:ip_of_sip_proxy:5060}sofia/some_profile/sip:some_user at mydomain.com &park

which seemed to do the same thing (does anyone know if there's any difference between the two variants ?)

Then I tried putting the sip_route_uri in the dial-string param of the domain (or user), for example:

<param name="dial-string" value="{sip_route_uri=sip:ip_of_sip_proxy:5060,sip_invite_domain=${dialed_domain},presence_id=${dialed_user}@${dialed_domain}}${sofia_contact(${dialed_user}@${dialed_domain})}"/>

so now it's possible to just call the user as:

originate user/some_user at mydomain.com &park

nice !

And then I found out that you can just set an outbound-proxy param in the sip profile that's used for originating:

<param name="outbound-proxy" value="sip:ip_of_sip_proxy:5060"/>

so now you can leave out the sip_route_uri or fs_path variables, it just works.

My proxy config still needs a lot of work, but I got the basic functionality working, still need to find out about using acls on fs side based on a sip header added by the proxy - I'm already adding X-AUTH-IP headers on messages from clients towards fs which should do the trick, but I didn't test it yet.

Anyway, would love to read some configs of ppl who successfuly setup opensips/kamailio/openser/... proxies in front of fs, what their experience is with using record-routing or not, etc.

regards,

Leon