[Freeswitch-users] Call Broadcasts - when to start playing?

Avi Marcus avi at avimarcus.net
Fri Nov 11 03:26:07 MSK 2011

I've got a simple message that a business needs to play for all his
contacts.
How do you folks do broadcasts? There's the commerical mod_amd but I don't
think I'm getting that just yet.

wait_for_silence  for 2 seconds (to wait out the answering machine?), then
play the message? How many "intervals" is 2 seconds?
Or mix wait_for_silence with mod_avmd via ESL so either one triggers it? Or
does mod_avmd do both the beep (voicemail still beeps??) and the silence?

Thanks for your input,
-Avi