[Freeswitch-users] Holding Call With Bypass Media True

Jerry Richards jerry.richards at teotech.com
Wed Nov 9 23:35:38 MSK 2011

Hi All,
I am seeing an issue where Freeswitch is disconnecting a call when one endpoint tries to put the call on-hold (inbound-bypass-media is true and one phone has a secondary extension of the other phone).  I'm just wondering if there is a rule/restriction for bypass media I'm not aware of.

If I change the configuration to inbound-proxy-media true then the call is put on-hold correctly.  If I set it back to inbound-bypass-media true and then remove the secondary extension from Phone A (below), then the call is put on-hold correctly.

Here is the scenario:
1) Phone A registers primary extension 1002 and secondary extension 1003
2) Phone B registers only primary extension 1003
3) A calls B
4) B answers
5) A holds call
6) Freeswitch sends BYE to both A and B with reason DESTINATION_OUT_OF_ORDER
   (Also it says: "Re-INVITE to a no-media channel that is not in a bridge")

Thanks,
Jerry