[Freeswitch-users] Best way to create a one to many 'broadcast'

Andy Ayers andy at fabulous4.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 00:45:55 MSK 2011

Hi Michael,

Here's the scenario:

The 'speaker' calls in to the switch and is invited to begin speaking after
the beep just as if they were recording an answering message and the audio
is recorded (in our case via a shoutcast server). This bit is working.

These messages can last several minutes and in some cases hours so I would
like to add to this the ability for 'listeners' to call in to the switch and
be patched in to the above call to listen only to the message live in real
time. The listeners will not be allowed to interact with the call in any
way.

Because this is optional however there won't always be listeners, sometimes
it will be a simple dial in and record for the speaker.

Hope I'm making more sense now.

Many thanks for persevering

Andy