[Freeswitch-users] zRTP proxy through Freeswitch without de-cryption

Ben Naylor bnaylor at sirran.com
Tue Nov 8 14:30:10 MSK 2011

Hello Freeswitch community

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get Freeswitch to proxy a
zRTP/SRTP stream through it, without de-crypting and re-encrypting it?

By design, when Freeswitch is in proxy media mode, I believe it only avoids
transcoding the media, but still de-crypts the packets.  This means that the
server would have to be set up as a trusted MITM, which I am trying to
avoid.

Is there any way you are able to configure the server so that it acts more
like a TURN server, and passes the media through while keeping the media
encryption intact?

Unfortunately Bypass media is not an option at the moment.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ben