[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH - Polycom and DNS SRV

Evan P. Hall evan at corpwest.com
Thu Nov 3 03:11:28 MSK 2011

It will not look up the NAPTR or SRV records at all since you have specified port 5060.  Don't specify the port number and it should work.

We run a large number of polycom phones without NAPTR records here.  However we don't use the outboundProxy attributes at all.  We use voIpProt.server.x.address or the phone's reg.x.server.x.address to tell the phones where to register.  You shouldn't need to specify outboundProxy unless you need your signaling packets to go to a different server than the registration.

-Evan