[Freeswitch-users] HA: Starting FreeSWITCH empties the calls table?

peely freeswitch at peely.com
Thu Nov 3 15:45:55 MSK 2011

Hi,

I've been playing about with the HA setup, and have set something up similar
to the HA page on the Wiki with two FS boxes using MySQL Master <> Master
replication and FreeSWITCH on the secondary box listening on un-mounted IPs.

This bit all works very nicely and when both boxes are up I can "fsctl
crash" the current active box, then mount the IPs on the soon-to-be-live box
then issue "sofia recover", it's all very impressive!

What I notice though is that when I bring the "crashed" box back up,
starting the freeswitch process causes all calls in the database to be
removed which are then replicated across to the active box's database, if I
issue a "show calls count" on both boxes the figure goes to 0 immediately
after the freeswitch process is started on the secondary.

>From what I can see this doesn't affect things on the newly active box, a
"status" shows channels in use, much greater than the number of calls, which
gradually picks up again.

I'm guessing freeswitch issues something like 'delete from calls' when it
starts? For HA setups is this an appropriate thing to do?

For reference, I'm currently running FreeSWITCH Version 1.0.head
(git-fa3fa30 2011-10-07 11-20-36 -0500).

Cheers,

Neil.