[Freeswitch-users] Public IP in Contact header

Hynek Cihlar hynek.cihlar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 20:42:48 MSK 2011

Brad, Brian, thanks for your replies

Actually, the switch is not used in the standard setup, where the external
profile is used as a gateway and the internal (default) profile for
directly connected sip clients.

In my case, the switch has two profiles. The so called external is
connected to another switch, just passing calls. The connection is routed.
The second profile (internal) which is giving me troubles, is used for
registering SIP clients. The SIP clients are usually behind their own NAT
routers.

SIP-IP and EXT-SIP-IP are both the same public IP, since the router is
publicly visible on the internal profile. On the external profile, they are
assigned to a private internal IP. The switch is sitting on two subnets.

Now, the local-network-acl is set to localnet.auto on both profiles. I was
assuming ACLs are used solely for security!

Hynek