[Freeswitch-users] event inconsistency

Adam Kelloway adam.kelloway at newpace.ca
Fri May 27 17:38:37 MSD 2011

Thank you for that suggestion,

I am running the latest git FS (from two days ago) with Ubuntu 10.10. My
event-listening app uses ESL (the org.freeswitch.esl java library) to
listen for the events. I see the same behaviour when I run the app on
the local host or on a separate machine. Currently, I am doing the
latter. Running tcpdump on the FS host shows that all traffic to the
port that my app is listening on is reliably received.

Listening for the event from fs_cli shows that event does get fired
consistently, but tcpdump does not show it as being sent over the
socket. Again, the behaviour is not consistent. Sometimes I do see the
event sent out (both in tcpdump and in my app) and sometimes I don't.
There doesn't appear to be any differences in the FS logs.

Is the event notification to the fs_cli done in the same way as an esl
notification?

Thanks,

Adam