[Freeswitch-users] Codec selection for incoming call

Łukasz Zwierko lzwierko at gmail.com
Thu May 26 13:26:04 MSD 2011

Hi guys,

Is is possible to manually select which codec will be used on the A-leg
(incoming call) when using outbound event socket to control the call?
My case is quite basic I guess: I want to answer the call and pass it to an
application which will record raw data (so I'm not bridging the call
anywhere).
It is important for me to be able to make a per-call selection of codec.
I've been digging through the wiki the whole morning, but I've only found
out how to force a codec on the outgoing call...

thanks for any advice,

Lukasz