[Freeswitch-users] Do ignore_display_updates=true only work on an Outgoing/B-Leg?

Alan Frisch frisch.alan at gmail.com
Wed May 25 07:17:14 MSD 2011

Scenario is two FS boxes (FS1 and FS2) and OpenSIPs.

FS1 sends Invite with "X-FS-Support: update_display" to FS2 via OpenSIPs
FS2 configured with "global_setvar ignore_display_updates=yes"

Even with ignore_display_updates enabled on FS2, FS2 responds with
"X-FS-Display-Name" and "X-FS-Display-Numbers".

FS1 is a box not under my administration, so is there a way to disable
this response on FS2?  I could easily strip the X-FS-Support header in
OpenSIPs to prevent this, but seems like a kludgy way of getting
things done.

Is there something I am overlooking?