[Freeswitch-users] Tuning Up Freeswitch

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue May 24 19:33:36 MSD 2011

Anything you find useful to get more calls is subjective to the power
of the box.
If sofia starts behaving badly, it indicates a maximum resource
consumption.  More profiles of course help with concurrency.

So I could have a box where I could do 5000 calls before another
profile would help and someone else could get benefits of multiple
profiles at 100 calls.

You have 2 choices:
1) Search for ways to squeeze more calls out of a bad box like we used
to do with config.sys in DOS
2) Use the money you saved by getting a free carrier grade switch
platform and buy a halfway decent  box.

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 7:48 AM, Antonio Teixeira
<eagle.antonio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Regarding the SIgnaling Problem , the DB was already on tmpfs and you may
> have read that this was not an I/O problem.
>
> To load Blance a call is simple in our use case.
>
> First understand we use auto-dialers so alot happens in the backend , the
> rest we send a originate command so simply change the profile used imagine :
>
> originate sofia/external1_profile/22222222 at 111.11.11.11 IVR XML
>
> The dialer simply changes
> originate sofia/external1_profile/22222222 at 111.11.11.11 IVR XML
> originate sofia/external2_profile/22222222 at 111.11.11.11 IVR XML
> originate sofia/external3_profile/22222222 at 111.11.11.11 IVR XML
> originate sofia/external4_profile/22222222 at 111.11.11.11 IVR XML
>
> We use INB ESL.
>
> Now if you want to use "softphones" i think you can use mod_limit and the
> XML dialplan to create a realtime version of this.
>
> Notes :
>
> Keep in mind that i do not know if this is the correct way to handle this
> situation but we have it deployed  this way and as i was able to increase
> the call volume by a factor of 2 while at the same time increasing quality
> and decreasing the signaling issues.
>  At the expense of RAM more RAM = Profiles.
>

> 2011/5/24 jay binks <jaybinks at gmail.com>
>>
>> moving your SQLlite DB to tempFS is the biggest single change you can have
>> with FS.
>> that alone would account for the massive increase in calls you were able
>> to achieve.
>>
>> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Anton VG <anton.vazir at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> do you mean sqlite?

>> --