[Freeswitch-users] Removing SIP Auth

Kurtis Heimerl kheimerl at cs.berkeley.edu
Tue May 24 06:56:46 MSD 2011

Hello!

I've been trying to get my SIP clients to register and authenticate
with freeswitch without passwords. I've been following a few wiki
pages, primarily:

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Acl
and
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/OpenBTSSettingUpFreeSWITCH

Most of the configs are stock, except my directory which has one new
user in the "default" folder:

<include>
  <user id="IMSI641104378340883" cidr="192.168.1.0/24,127.0.0.1/32"
number-alias="1301">
    <params>
      <param name="vm-password" value="1000"/>
      <param name="accept-blind-reg" value="true"/>
      <param name="accept-blind-auth" value="true"/>
    </params>

This config is working in one one way, I do not need to register to
make a call. The phone is currently able to call into FS. However, any
attempts to register ()REGISTER messages) are met with a 401
authorization required response (as shown by wireshark). This means FS
is unable to route calls to my handsets. My understanding was that the
line,

<param name="accept-blind-auth" value="true"/>

when coupled with the cidr value, would remove that need. It's clearly
not working. I've tried a variety of other config options (e.g.,
<param name="apply-register-acl" value="<acl_list|cidr>"/>), and found
no joy. ACLs are complicated business, and I could take a few more
stabs in the dark (using localnet.auto?). However, I thought I'd ask
this list.

What else do I need to do to let my users connect without a password?

Thanks!