[Freeswitch-users] Is Anyone Using Google TTS?

A E [Gmail] all.eforums at gmail.com
Wed May 18 00:53:41 MSD 2011

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 12:55 PM, Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org>wrote:

> I have to wonder if Google thinks 10-20 lookups per second from a single
> client is a "light/medium" load. That's 36K - 72K lookups per hour. If I
> were you I would tcpdump the traffic and see what Google is "really" sending
> back. I doubt that Google cares about the distinction between a browser and
> other types of clients.
>
> -MC
>

> Haha sorry for that air-headed comment. Didn't really do the math in my
head. Really should have said  "heavy" load :) As for it caring whether it's
a client or a browser, I'm not sure. I read somewhere that seeing some of
the header attributes (that typically browsers send) it will either send you
an MP3 file or return a "404" but that doesn't seem to be the problem anyone
else has mentioned when using it with mod_shout. I do know about the captcha
as I saw it on 2-3 occasions but it might have its own rules i.e. 10
translations in one minute from the same IP might throw it out to prevent
abuse. No one else seems to have run into it, it seems though so that might
mean that kind of a rule doesn't exist. Needs more investigation