[Freeswitch-users] Is Anyone Using Google TTS?

Nicolas Brenner nico at clickfono.com
Tue May 17 21:21:51 MSD 2011

Be careful about the legal implications of using Google's TTS in your
system. There are a few discussions on Google Groups (e.g.
http://goo.gl/TvRVR) about the possibility of using Google's TTS for
applications other than just Google Translate on the web, and there's a
Google employee (DeWitt) saying that there are no Terms of Service (ToS),
nor an official API for their TTS system, so that you should abide by their
general ToS, and that "[TTS wasn't] designed for internal usage only, will
likely change or break over time, and thus shouldn't be accessed by external
developers"