[Freeswitch-users] problem exporting variables from shellsctipt not working

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sat May 14 03:15:51 MSD 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Thomas Hoellriegel <admin at blindi.net> wrote:
> I have written a datecheck.  I like to compare the inputdate to the
> systmdate.

<bash code here>

> I can.t export the variable dateerror.
> Is the given date wrong, give a yes return.
> fs ignore action.

I'm not able to see how you're working with FreeSWITCH in this case.

Is this a bash script that that will call fs_cli -x "some_command"?

Are you trying to set environmental variables in the shell before
starting freeswitch so they will be available to it?

Is this in a bash script that's called from the dialplan?  If so,
consider using the date-time related conditions (year, yday, mon,
mday, week, mweek, wday, hour, minute, minute-of-day, time-of-day,
date-time):

http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FreeSwitch_Dialplan_XML#Condition

Lastly, there are also time real dialplan tools that might help:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_strepoch
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_strftime
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_strftime_tz

I don't think we'll be able to offer any more help without better
information.  However, we're happy to help if you can get us more
details.

Best,
Gabe