[Freeswitch-users] MEDIA_BUG_START

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sat May 14 02:46:29 MSD 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Mark Sobkow
<m.sobkow at marketelsystems.com> wrote:
> I'm getting a MEDIA_BUG_START event.  I think there's a correlation
> between this event and some dropped calls we're experiencing.
>
> I haven't found any way to force the event to occur, so I haven't been
> able to capture a log file of it happening in fs_cli.

You should be getting this event anytime a media bug is attached to a
channel.  There are several things that will result in a media bug
being created.  uuid_audio, uuid_displace and others attach a media
bug to the channel with the given UUID.

It should be pretty easy to re-create the event.

> Our FreeSwitch box is configured to use a SIP Trunk provided by our
> production Asterisk box, with T1 lines from thereon out.  For the most
> part it works, but one user in particular has a serious problem with
> dropped calls and I'm trying to figure it out.

I don't think it matters much how this is connected to other systems
(not just yet anyway).

When you say *one* user has a problem, do the users have different
settings that would affect how the call is treated?  For example, if
you try to play audio located at /some/dir/USER_ONE/filename.wav, and
that file was not found on the server, FreeSWITCH would kill the
channel (and maybe the call if it was bridged).

Could this be what you're seeing?  Let us know what you find. Oh, BTW,
use uuid_buglist to show you what bugs are attached to that channel.
Good luck debugging (sorry... bad, bad pun).

Best,
Gabe