[Freeswitch-users] Can UUID's change?

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Sat May 14 01:56:38 MSD 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Mark Sobkow
<m.sobkow at marketelsystems.com> wrote:
> However, I'm seeing some unrecognized UUIDs after bridging the call
> (i.e. that weren't returned by the place call code.)
>
> Are there any events which might indicate that a UUID is being changed
> by the system, and that I should be watching for a new UUID instead?

The UUID of the channel never changes.  If you're using a UUID to
originate a call, then you'll have that UUID to work with, but FS will
still pick it's own UUID for the channel --and it will not change.

Calls get UUIDs, conferences get UUIDs, channels get UUIDs, so it's
just a matter of finding the right one and not worrying too much about
the other UUIDs that might show up.  Hope that helps.

Best,
Gabe