[Freeswitch-users] Moving on from CentOS

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon May 9 20:09:07 MSD 2011

my official comment is:
It will work anywhere it works.  Anyone can do whatever they want but
there is a limit to how much free support we will provide when doing
things outside the parameters of our recommendations.

The good news is that I think the newest kernels are getting over a
dark time when timing was really bad as they tried to support more
virtual environments.  I have seen promising results on even ubuntu
and arch linux on bleeding edge kernels.  Centos 5.2-5.3 I can attest
to being rock solid but a bit outdated.  As time unfolds we will
ultimately become more confident supporting other platforms when we
have experts on those platforms willing to maintain packaging and do
support therein.

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:
> On 05/09/2011 10:38 PM, curriegrad2004 wrote:
>> There is no "worst" distro for freeswitch. It depends on how you are
>> going to use FreeSwitch for, really.
> Nonsense. The distro I will take the longest to learn to install is
> *clearly* the worst distro. :-)
>
> Steve

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/