[Freeswitch-users] Unable to install Centos on AMD Motherboard (SB850)

Charles Bujold cjbujold at accra.ca
Mon May 9 17:03:21 MSD 2011

Upgrading our Freeswitch server to a newer PC which has an AMD SB850 chipset
motherboard and Centos is unable to install since it does not have the SATA
drivers support.  First tried finding a driver with no success.  Then tried
seeing when Centos 6 was going to be released but it looks like nobody
really knows.  So now I'm looking at Ubuntu 11.4 as a possible OS.    I like
Centos but if it can't keep up and can only support older equipment  I'm
wondering if it is the right platform for us.  Is anybody using Ubuntu 11.4
and how does Freeswitch work on it?

Thanks

cjb