[Freeswitch-users] Routing based on alias

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Sat May 7 16:36:06 MSD 2011

>I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to accomplish, but it rings bells to me with something
>along the lines of a multi-tenant setup? Either way, have you tried creating a context for
>which to assign to the extension and route the inbound call through?

Hi,
Yes it is multi-tenant, and there is specific contexts for each profile. Each profile has its own
interface, and the phones register to the ip address of that interface, probably I have done this
wrong.

The sip profiles look like:

<profile name="foo.local">
  <aliases>
    <alias name="foo.local"/>
  </aliases>
  <domains>
    <domain name="10.1.4.1" alias="true" parse="false"/>
  </domains>

The directory is set to the ip.

So when a dialplan attempts 1000 at 10.1.4.1 it routes correct, but if a dialplan routes to
1000 at foo.local it fails? A 'sofia status' at the cli shows:

freeswitch at internal> sofia status
                     Name          Type                                       Data      State
                 external       profile               sip:mod_sofia at 10.0.0.13:5080      RUNNING (0)
external::foo.local-outbound     gateway          sip:xxx5551212 at sip.provider.com      REGED
      bar.local       profile                sip:mod_sofia at 10.1.3.1:5060      RUNNING (0)
         foo.local       profile                sip:mod_sofia at 10.1.4.1:5060      RUNNING (0)
                 10.1.4.1         alias                           foo.local      ALIASED
                 10.1.3.1         alias                        bar.local      ALIASED