[Freeswitch-users] Continue streaming RTP after BYE

Pete Kelly pkelly at gmail.com
Wed May 4 18:05:12 MSD 2011

Hi, I don't have high hopes that this is possible, however I'll give it a
shot here :)

I have an IVR application which plays a prompt and then hangs up with a
BYE.

When the BYE is sent, it's intercepted by an opensips b2bua and a reINVITE
is issued upstream, followed by a downstream invite (possibly to another IVR
or PSTN).

The problem I have is that between the BYE from the IVR and the placing of
the next call there is often silence, the user will only hear ringing if the
downstream INVITE responds by sending RTP to the media IP and port of the
caller.

My question is, is it possible to have freeswitch/another program somehow
continue to send media to the origination IP/port for a few seconds after
the BYE has been issued? If it's not possible with freeswitch does anyone
know of a third party app which could be invoked to send RTP media to a
known IP and port?

I know it's a bizarre request but if anyone could point me in a direction I
would be grateful.

Thanks

Pete