[Freeswitch-users] Call quality issues

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue May 3 00:22:08 MSD 2011

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Eric Beard <eric at loopfx.com> wrote:

> So, we finally figured this out.  The NIC in that machine is faulty.  We
> switched over from the add-in Intel NIC (which runs flawlessly for us in
> dozens of other machines) to the cheap onboard NIC and everything runs
> great.  I hate it when things are just sort of broken, and not completely
> broken – makes it hard to see where the problem really is.

Thanks for the followup. This is a great example of a "problem with
FreeSWITCH" that really isn't a problem with FreeSWITCH. :)  I think I will
bookmark this thread for future reference for when someone says, "I'd like
to report a bug in FreeSWITCH..." This is also validation of the rule of
thumb we have for people who have FS in production: HAVE A SPARE MACHINE FOR
TESTING!!!

Nice work, Eric. Keep on FreeSWITCHin'!
-MC