[Freeswitch-users] help on creating an rpm

Dave Horton dave at dchorton.com
Mon May 2 17:57:57 MSD 2011

Can anyone provide some help on how I can create my own rpm of freeswitch?  What I want to do is package up freeswitch in an rpm, but with edited conf files that are suited to my customers.  I've seen that there is an rpm spec file (freeswitch.spec) in the base directory, so I took a shot at running that but didn't get very far, and I didn't see any relevant articles on the wiki.

What I've done so far:

- created the standard rpm build directory tree (BUILD  RPMS  SOURCES  SPECS  SRPMS)
- copied freeswitch.spec into SPECs
- ran rpmbuild

I get this:

[build at centos64-1 freeswitch-stock]$ rpmbuild -bb -v SPECS/freeswitch.spec
error: File /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/freeswitch-1.0.7.tar.bz2: No such file or directory

I was surprised at that error, since the Source directives in the spec file indicate that rpmbuild should grab the source via http urls.  (Eventually, I'm going to need to change this, since I'll it to use a source tarball that I create, with my edited conf files).

Given that someone did a great job of putting a spec file together, are there any docs on how to use it?

Dave