[Freeswitch-users] Recommended SIP IP Wifi Handsets?

Michael Kennedy Info at KennedySoftware.ie
Thu Mar 31 22:05:54 MSD 2011

Hello,

Newbie here, and newbie on FS - but been lurking for a few YEARS!...

I'm hoping to roll out FS where some areas in a building are wired, and
other areas are on WiFi, and to deploy some SIP phones in both areas.

I expected that many phone suppliers would have handsets with EITHER
RJ45 or WiFi connectivity to the LAN, or even both! I've found only a
single device, a Cisco SPA525G2! Furthermore, searching the FS site, and
various VoIP sites, and running general searches, I've found no other
SIP WiFi phones that look like standard desktop handsets.

I'd appreciate any pointers to WiFi devices that are recommended with
FS. Preferably "standard-looking" desktop units, and better still, if
they had wired "sisters" - in appearance and functionality!

Or... maybe best to invest in a few rolls of Cat-6 cable!!

Thank you - and many thanks again to some of the regulars here for
off-list guidance.
   - Mike