[Freeswitch-users] RTP Proxy mode, DTMF conversion problem

Robin Vleij robin at swip.net
Thu Mar 31 15:53:02 MSD 2011

On 03/30/2011 07:23 PM, Michael Collins wrote:

Hi!

I entered the following comment to the Jira (well, if I get over the
access denied I get in my client :-). THough it posting it here as well,
to maybe create a discussion about if this is the right thing to do or not.

My comment to the bug:
"The behaviour changed now.
As expected from the code change if the B-side doesn't support 2833, FS
doesn't send any RTP-events any longer. But that's not what we want, I
think. I would expect that FS would switch to inband instead on that
channel, like fallback to the default for DTMF. I tried by putting in
start_dtmf_generate (both on the dialplan and "on_answer_execute" on the
B-leg). Putting in the dialplan gives as a result that we always
generate inband, instead of just when the B-side doesn't support
anything else. RTP-Events dissapear then, independant if the B-side
support 2833.

Basically, I think the patch should not read DTMF-Type=None, but
DTMF-Type=inband.

In the larger picture, we should have some kind of DTMF-Transcoding. One
leg can be any of SIP-INFO, 2833 or inband, while the B-Leg can have any
of these as well, and FS should "transcode"."

/Robin

> Tony just added a patch today, so update to latest git and re-test. Add
> comments to FS-2819 on Jira.
>
> -MC
>
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 5:36 AM, Robin Vleij <robin at swip.net
> <mailto:robin at swip.net>> wrote:
>
>     On 02/25/2011 12:07 AM, Anthony Minessale wrote:
>
>     Hi!
>
>      > you need to run the start_dtmf() application on the leg that has
>     inband DTMF
>      >
>      > if it's the outbound leg you need to set it in execute_on_answer in
>      > the bridge line
>      >
>      > <action application="bridge"
>      > data="{execute_on_answer=start_dtmf}sofia/OPERATOR_2/46111223344"/>
>
>     I think he's running into the same kind of problem I'm running into. I
>     reported it as FS-2819.
>
>     UA (2833) -> FS -> (INBAND) UA
>
>     On the b-leg that only supports inband, FS keeps pushing telephone-event
>     on the SDP. Even though the UA on the b-leg only replies with 0 or 8. I
>     tried with the start_dtmf as written in this thread, but still only
>     rtp-events are passed onto the B-side UA, which doesn't know what to do
>     with that.
>
>     /Robin
>
>     --
>     Robin Vleij