[Freeswitch-users] Embarrassing Question: Local extension registering in the Public context on default configuration?

A E [Gmail] all.eforums at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 02:07:20 MSD 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> DING DING DING DING! We have a weener! :P
> Look at line 3 of your pastebin:
>
> 2011-03-26 02:00:54.058641 [DEBUG] sofia.c:6466 IP 192.168.3.121
> Approved by acl "domains[]". Access Granted.

Believe it or not, I SWEAR I was going to highlight that and point it out
that my $${domain} was coming up empty and it didn't have anyway to know who
was local and who wasn't. So then I added the line

<node type="allow" cidr="192.168.3.0/24"/> under <list name="domains"> to
"teach" it! But that didn't work either.

> Your "domains" ACL is letting the call in, but is not "authenticating"
> it so it's hitting the default context. If you absolutely want IP auth
> then you need to go into each directory entry for each user you want
> to have IP auth and add a tag like this:
>
> <user id="1000" cidr="192.168.3.10">
>
> The better way to go, IMHO, is simply to use digest authentication.
> That way you don't have to worry about what IP address for what user,
> etc. Just make sure that you change the SIP password to something
> better than "1234" :)

Sorry, how do I make it do that? Doesn't it do that by default?

> I answered this yesterday asking about the ACL. Granted it wasn't
> within 10 minutes but it was a Sunday for me... ;)

Might have missed it :(

> -MC

So bottom line, how do I fix this? like I kinda knew what the problem was,
just wasn't sure and didn't know how to fix it :( If changing back to the
original/default acl is the answer then why did this problem happen to begin
with when I started out with a the basic default config that "make samples"
spits out...hell I didn't even change the default pwd (don't worry this is
running inside a VM and has no outside access) for registering the UAs. But
when I had this issue, I started to much around.