[Freeswitch-users] FS does not respond to second 401 Unauthorized that has new nonce during registration with gateway

Mervyn Yeo mervyn.yeo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 04:52:47 MSK 2011

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to register FS with a gateway but it's been unsuccessful so
far with the last message being 401 Unauthorized. I'm quite certain
that the configuration in the gateway xml file is correct. The same
username, password, etc has been used with X-Lite, Zoiper, Yealink,
Cisco phones and it's been able to register. I've compared SIP traces
of FS's registration and all the others and it seems that FS is not
responding to the last 401 message from the other end even when the
it's been challenged with a new nonce. What I found out was that the
second 401 has an additional domain parameter as well. Are all the
other clients being lenient and is not following the RFC or is this a
bug in FS?

SIP trace http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/15831
Configuration http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/15832

Mervyn