[Freeswitch-users] Understanding break="never" in condition-tag

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Mar 23 19:41:07 MSK 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 5:03 AM, [Redhosting] Egbert Groot <
egbert at redhosting.nl> wrote:

> Michael Collins schreef:
>

>>    I can't/didn't contribute much to this discussion, but I do follow
>>    it. My idea and (little) testing experience supports the
>>    explanation of Dimitry.
>>    Either way, it 'proofs' there is confusion about the working of
>>    the 'break' in condition tags.
>>    If I can find the time, I will try to do some tests / build an
>>    example myself. Thank you both for the answers and insights so far.
>>

>> Okay, for those of you who have the bridge book, please go to page
>> 167-168. Darren did a really good job of explaining this. For those of you
>> who don't have the book, SHAME! :)
>>

> Thanks for the explanation, and I just ordered the book :)

Glad to hear it! Also, it turns out that Darren and I both discuss this in
the book. I wrote chapter 5, and I talk about this on page 89. When Packt
did the index on the word "break" they got confused because Darren and I
used the expressions "break attribute", "break flag", and "break parameter"
all referring to the same thing.

I have my copy of the book and I write notes on every page where I find
something wrong or otherwise needs to be changed. Hopefully if/when we do a
2nd edition of this book we will be more consistent so that the index is
more useful.

-MC