[Freeswitch-users] Does Freeswitch complies with SIP Connect technical recommendation?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Mar 22 07:07:25 MSK 2011

No, we have not paid them thousands of dollars for them to say that we are
"SIP CONNECT Compliant." That being said, I read through some of the 1.1
specs. I didn't see anything that was egregious, but I also did not look at
all 45 pages. This much I can tell you: to be "SIP CONNECT Compliant" you
would need to program your dialplan for some specifics. Here's an example:

Section 13 of the spec says:

*13 Emergency Services*

The SIP-PBX MUST have a dial plan that recognizes emergency calls.

This will differ from one country to the next and is a function of the
administrator's dialplan configuration. There are no inherent limitations in
FreeSWITCH to prevent you from being up to spec on this. However, out of the
box with a default installation you won't have this already configured.

My guess is that we could write tests that demonstrate that FreeSWITCH
*could* be SIP CONNECT compliant, however I doubt that would be of much
value because you have to cough up a minimum of $2500 to have their seal of
approval. Beyond that look at their membership list:

http://www.sipforum.org/component/option,com_fullmember/Itemid,195/

It's a who's who of retarded SIP providers and PBXes. They've got Sonus on
their list for cying out loud! That alone should invalidate the entire SIP
CONNECT venture IMHO.

So, I would answer your supplier this way: As far as I know there aren't any
limitations in FreeSWITCH that would prevent it from complying with the SIP
CONNECT recommendations.

Oh, and GLWT! :)

-MC

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Yehavi Bourvine <yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com