[Freeswitch-users] Mod_fifo outbound strategy enterprise

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 01:26:24 MSK 2011

The ringall strategy is based on giving every queue a fair chance
based on its configured importance.

The following happens nonstop:

*) Loop all the active call queues containing waiting callers not
already receiving a call sorted on queue priority:
       *) Select agents from a db (omitting any who are on a call or
who are in wrap-up) sorted by
            least amount of consecutive missed calls then least amount
of answered calls.
*) Place an outbound call to this agent with the caller data of the
waiting customer

This distributes the opportunities to have your call answered across
all queues and chooses the most-likely-to-answer-the-phone agent.

The shortcoming of this strategy is simply the fact that you must
pre-allocate agents for each caller to ensure that you can supply the
caller's caller id to the agent when you call them.

The enterprise one is accelerated by figuring out how many callers are
waiting and calling that many agents at once with no caller id info
and inserting them into the queue to service the next customer in
line. Since there is no need to pre-match the caller and agent the
order of what agent and caller are paired is moot.  This was the
original behavior but the importance of caller id seems to prevail so
we made the other method the default.

It would be possible to code in other strategies but to maintain the
simplicity of fifo I did not really bother with any more.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Marc de Corny <marcdecorny at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am getting the hang of the fifo now and it is proving very stable which is
> what we all need.
> Got one question however regarding mod_fifo and the outbound strategies.
> From looking at the outbput of the fifo list commands I can see that that
> parameter is always set to "ringall". which is fine, but I can also see many
> stats on that number of calls and the last call that the members have taken.
> Is there also a way of sending the calls to the longest idle or something of
> that nature? Is that done by setting the outbound_strategy to "enterprise"
> or is there another way to achieve that.
> Is there also a command to change that value without editing the XML as I am
> trying to make everything dynamic.
> any input is very much appreciated.
> thanks
> Marc