[Freeswitch-users] Understanding break="never" in condition-tag

[Redhosting] Egbert Groot egbert at redhosting.nl
Sun Mar 20 15:45:47 MSK 2011

Dmitry Bely schreef:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 2:10 PM, [Redhosting] Egbert Groot
> <egbert at redhosting.nl> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm struggling understanding the 'break' attribute in condition tags.
>> Am I correct saying the following condition tag is useless? It doesn't
>> influence the routing/application stack at all.
>> For this example the check is on 'wday', but it could be any other
>> field/expression, my question is about the 'break="never"' part:
>>
>> <condition wday="1" break="never" />
>>
>> ( though it could be used for clarity or debugging, since it does get
>> evaluated)
>>

> It makes sense if you use the form
>
> <condition wday="1" break="never">
>   (some actions)
> </condition>

Indeed, with adding an action, it is/can be usefull.
I was reading in wiki:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Dialplan_XML#Nesting_Conditions_-OR_.7C.7C
I think the example is not the most clear explanation of the workings of
'break'. It does use 'break-never' without any action. Even more, am I
correct stating the provided example doesn't do what one might want to
accomplish? It seems to me the week days are of no use at all?
I'd like to improve the wiki, problem is I'm not sure I understand the
working enhough.

regards,
Egbert.