[Freeswitch-users] Outbound caller id for a specific gateway?

Dmitry Bely dmitry.bely at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 14:27:41 MSK 2011

My VoIP provider requires a specific caller ID set for an outbound
call otherwise the call is rejected. Currently I set it just before
bridge

      <action application="set" data="effective_caller_id_name=..."/>
      <action application="bridge" data="..."/>

But it's tedious as there is a number of bridge commands in the
dialplan and I still have to explicitly specify the caller id for
"originate" command in the FreeSWITCH console. Is it possible to force
an outbound caller id on a gateway basis?

- Dmitry Bely