[Freeswitch-users] Lua playAndCollectDigits timeout problem. Possible bug

Pete Kelly pkelly at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 18:57:26 MSK 2011

Hi, I am trying to invoke a timeout using the session:playAndCollectDigits
lua function, this is the syntax I am using:

call_number = session:playAndGetDigits(1, 20, 1, 10000, "#*",
"some-file.wav", "", "[0-9]{1,}");

If the user doesn't hit * or # I need the function to return after 10
seconds.

However this timeout seems to only kick in if I start entering DTMF *after*
the initial prompt has played. If I start entering DTMF during the prompt,
the function never returns due to timeout.

Has anyone else seen/experienced this ?

Pete