[Freeswitch-users] Japanese TTS for Linux - anybody?

pbdlists at pinboard.com pbdlists at pinboard.com
Wed Mar 16 22:20:01 MSK 2011

I've been looking for a TTS system I could use with FreeSWITCH which
runs on Linux and has acceptable quality voices in Japanese, German and
English. Cepstral would fit the bill, except there don't seem to be any
Japanese voices at all. Neospeech would be fine, but for a strictly
personal installation it is financially out of reach (USD 950.-- per
year per voice). And the other engines I found run on Windows.

Does anybody on the list know about a TTS system which would run on
Linux, support Japanese voices and have a price tag of no more than a
one-time cost of $200?

Thanks,

Kurt