[Freeswitch-users] German voice prompts - missing exceptions in mod_say_de.c

Christian Löschenkohl christian.loeschenkohl at xpirio.com
Wed Mar 16 10:52:48 MSK 2011

hello

we have done the voice prompts.
what is online under http://freeswitch.xpirio.com/ is only a start as we wanted to
do a second recording session to complete the prompts.
also the xml files and maybe the mod_say module has to be adapted.

maybe we can join our forces here, i have not that much time right now but
i can organize the recording session give some input and so on.
we also hope that this prompts are not only useable for austria but also for germany.

br

On 2011-03-15 23:09, Christian Benke wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Are there any other german voice-prompts available? The ones provided
> by xpirio(http://freeswitch.xpirio.com/) have some flaws
> unfortunately.
>
> There's also a possible problem with the word "Eins"(one), as we need
> 3 different "flexions" of the word:
> - Eine - e.g. in Voicemail for "one new message"(Female form)
> - Einer - male form of "one" - i didn't see a use for it yet, but that
> doesn't mean this case does not exist
> - Eins - e.g. spelling of "1", this is the only form currently working
> with type "items" in speech management
>
> Additionally we have male, female and neuter versions of counted
> numbers, this applies to all numbers, not just "one".
> The english equivalent is "XXth", so we can cover one gender with the
> h-XX.wav files. I'm not sure if female and neuter-versions of the
> files are actually needed(Xpirio has recorded a neutrum-version of the
> h-XX.wav files, but for e.g. say type "DATE/TIME" we would need the
> male form)
>
> I'm not a c-developer, so i might be wrong - but skimming through
> mod_say_de.c i saw some exceptions, but not for these cases(Sorry in
> advance if i'm wrong). Also i would not know how to tell the
> "say"-application to use these special forms if they existed.
>
> Is it possible to cover this/manipulate mod_say with "speech phrase
> management"? Judging from the available documentation it seems not...
>
> Other complications with german grammar might appear - i've just
> started using the german sound-files today in the afternoon and tested
> with voicemail mostly - but i would dig deeper and happily assist any
> developer who wants to get his hands dirty - in real time via phone
> and IM and 24h if needed(CET here).
>
> Sorry again if i missed an existing solution, it's been a long day.
>
> Best regards
> Christian

Ing. Christian Löschenkohl
Technische Leitung, Forschung & Entwicklung VoIP

xpirio
Telekommunikation & Service GmbH
Lakeside B04
9020 Klagenfurt