[Freeswitch-users] Uncovering spoken phrases in *encrypted* VoIP conversations

EdPimentl edpimentl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 21:59:00 MSK 2011

New recent study at *(Johns Hopkins / UNC)* says it can *Uncover spoken
phrases in *encrypted* VoIP conversations
*
*(Johns Hopkins / UNC) ACM paper*

    We evaluate our techniques on a standard speech recognition corpus
    containing over 2,000 phonetically rich phrases spoken by 630
    distinct speakers from across the continental United States. Our
    results indicate that we can identify phrases within encrypted calls
    with an average accuracy of 50%, and with accuracy greater than 90%
    for some phrases. Clearly, such an attack calls into question the
    efficacy of current VoIP encryption standards.