[Freeswitch-users] Memory leak

Pete Kelly pkelly at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 12:30:28 MSK 2011

Hi

We are using Freeswitch (from git sources) in a production environment to
handle an IVR system using a simple set of dialplans and lua scripts.
OpenSIPS 1.6 and mysql are also installed and running as part of the same
IVR application.

However over time (approx 1 week) the memory usage of Freeswitch increases,
eventually creeping into swap space forcing us to restart Freeswitch. The
IVR handles approx 40 concurrent calls constantly, and we have instances of
the IVR running on a 32bit Etch and 64bit Lenny boxes - both exhibit the
same issue.

We have also tried the Sangoma freeswitch branch in case that contained any
fixes, however we see the same issues.

Can anybody advise if this is a known issue with Freeswitch? Is it a memory
leak or is it possible to limit the amount of memory Freeswitch will use,
forcing it to garbage collect when it reaches the limit?

Any advice on where to look/debug next would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pete