[Freeswitch-users] PA and ALSA

Frank Rosengart frank at rosengart.de
Sun Mar 13 21:39:46 MSK 2011

On 03/13/2011 12:34 AM, Jeff Lenk wrote:
> Same config under windows with celt - what are you using? if fs are you using
> git head?

Ok, did some more debugging. Seems like the "codec-ms" setting is
causing trouble. Once the 'pa looptest' works fine, the echo test has no
regular glitches. Only irregular dropouts (every 1-2 seconds). I will
now try with a second computer and with a LAN connection, to make sure
that are no lost packets while passing the internet.

(I'm using
http://files.freeswitch.org/windows/installer/x86/freeswitch.msi, and
fs/git-trunk/celt-0.10 on all systems)

But anyway, using windows is only my fallback option. Would be nice to
get it running on Linux.

Interestingly, 'Audacity', which is based on portaudio, too, finds all
my Alsa devices, where FS refuses to load mod_portaudio.

Anyone out there using mod_alsa? Or mod_portaudio with a newer Linux distri?

Frank