[Freeswitch-users] writing to file in javascript

gigerlin gilles.gerlinger at free.fr
Sat Mar 5 20:10:25 MSK 2011

Dear Freeswitch users,

I am developing some javascript applications that run within Freeswitch. I
can read without difficulty from files located on the same machine as
Freeswitch, but I can't write or create new files. The following code issues
an error when trying to open a file in "write mode".

var fd = new File("test.txt");
fd.open("write");
fd.write("Hello\n");
fd.close();

The error I got is:
2011-02-18 11:07:25.893733 [ERR] test.js:7  Error: File operation open
failed

I thought it was a sort of sandbox model issue. However I could generate a
file using the following system command:

session.execute("system", "echo Hello > test.txt");

The same error occurs when I tried to use the javascript function:

var tmp = fetchURLFile("http://myserver/test.html", "test.txt");

This creates an empty test.txt file.

I tried then to run the following system command:

session.execute("system", "wget -O test.txt http://myserver/test.html");

This as well creates an empty test.txt file. If I run "wget -O test.txt
http://myserver/test.html" directly from the system prompt this correctly
downloads and creates the test.txt file.

So my questions are: what did I miss? Is there some parameter to configure
that I haven't found?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Gilles Gerlinger

PS: Freeswitch is running over Ubuntu server 10.10