[Freeswitch-users] [Dahdi/FreeTDM] Does FS provide call supervision?

GillesToo codecomplete at free.fr
Fri Mar 4 13:26:32 MSK 2011

Hello,

Suprisingly, Asterisk doesn't provide call supervision when used with PCI
cards + FXO module + Zaptel/Dahdi.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+func+channel CHANNEL() , the
only function that is supposed to provide information, always returns "Up",
no matter if Asterisk is still dialing or the callee has actually answered
the phone.

I assume Freeswitch will have the same issue since FreeTDM relies on Dahdi
to work with this type of hardware, but I'd like confirmation of this.

Thank you.

PS: For those interested, here's the code I naively thought would let
Asterisk pause until the callee has gone off-hook:

======
;Down, Rsrvd, OffHook, Dialing, Ring, Ringing, Up, Busy, Dialing Offhook,
Pre-ring,
Unknown
exten => start,n,Set(INDEX=0)

;tried "Up", "OffHook", and "Rsrvd", to no avail
exten => start,n,While($["${CHANNEL(state)}" != "Up" & ${INDEX} < 10])

exten => start,n,NoOp(Channel still ringing: ${CHANNEL(state)})
exten => start,n,Wait(1)
exten => start,n,Set(INDEX=$[${INDEX} + 1])

exten => start,n,EndWhile()
======