[Freeswitch-users] significant delay waiting for response after playAndGetDigits()

Wes wes-fs at 499x.com
Thu Jun 30 19:10:39 MSD 2011

I am experiencing a delay waiting for the system to respond in a lua
script that is using playAndGetDigits.  I press a key while the voice is
still speaking, and it continues to speak for a few seconds before
moving to the part of the script for the particular keypress.

Also, related: sometimes it speaks the "invalid" message even though the
key pressed is a valid one, and then immediately after speaking the
invalid message, it continues with the processing for the key that was
pressed.  So I know I didn't press an invalid key.

--        session:execute('flush_dtmf');
         session:flushDigits()
         local digits = session:playAndGetDigits(1, 1, 3, 2000, "#",
"phrase:play_submit_rerecord:1:2:3", invalid, "\\d{1}")
         if ( digits == "1") then

ETC

here is the phrase:

<macro name="play_submit_rerecord">
<input pattern="^([0-9#*]):([0-9#*]):([0-9#*])$">
<match>
<action function="speak-text"
                 data="To listen to your dictation, press $1, To submit
your dictation , press $2, To discard your dictation and start over,
press $3."/>
</match>
</input>
</macro>

Is the speak-text just too cpu intensive and causing it to be slow to
respond to the DTMF?

Any help would be appreciated... thanks!