[Freeswitch-users] SIP 100 response and media

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 16:51:18 MSD 2011

Yes, either that or 200 (you can skip ringing to go straight to being
answered).

Generally with 183/180 you'll get ringback but not hear voice in early
media, you wouldn't normally hear voice until the 200 OK answers the call.

Media can't start up without SDP in the body of the 180/183/200. SDP
contains the IP/port used for media and the selected codec. Media can't work
without those details. Sometimes you'll see 180/183 without SDP there'll
still be no early media containing ringback, in that case the client'll
usually generate its own ringback but you'll always see SDP in the 200 OK.

-Steve