[Freeswitch-users] .wav vs .gsm file sizes for recording calls.

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat Jun 25 07:11:42 MSD 2011

Practically any conversion of a low bit rate codec to another low bit
rate codec gives horrible results. Even low bit rate codec -> linear ->
the same low bit rate codec can be pretty horrible, unless the two
compression steps are synchronised.

A lot of the complaints you will find about the horrible sound from some
codec has little to do with the codec's performance. Someone has tried
the codec with audio that had already been compressed by some other low
bit rate codec.

Steve