[Freeswitch-users] How to deal with user pressing extra keys? flush_dtmf? session::flushDigits?

Wes wes-fs at 499x.com
Sat Jun 25 01:06:37 MSD 2011

I put flushDigits right before playAndGetDigits, but it is still
queueing up keypresses... if I type more than one key, weird things
start happening in my loop.  (the one that prompts for 1 - play back
recording, 2=submit recording, 3 = rerecord)... sometimes I get the
message "invalid response" followed a few seconds by "your recording has
been submitted", and I've not typed anything in between.

incidentally, if I press a digit while playAndGetDigits is still
speaking, it takes a few seconds for it to stop talking and act on the
keypress... ... it just doesn't seem very responsive.... which is why
I'm testing extra keypresses... because if users don't immediately get a
response, they tend to press the key again.

script here:
http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/16584