[Freeswitch-users] Microsoft Speech Server

Eric Beard eric at loopfx.com
Wed Jun 22 03:59:51 MSD 2011

Yes, I am running it in production.

On a new Dell R610 (1U server) I can run 80 calls with CPU at maybe 5%, and I point several Speech Servers at a single Freeswitch box on a separate (Linux) server, also a 1U DELL.  That box can do more than 200 calls at around 10-20% CPU.

My calls are a mix of recorded messages and IVR.  Audio and reco quality are fine.

You could run Freeswitch on the same machine as Speech Server if you wanted.

Eric Z. Beard, CTO
Loop LLC
w (877) 850-2010 x9249
m (727) 776-2768